PFS is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. From 21 December 2001, we are bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information. This statement sets out important information about privacy protections, which we extend to your personal information.
How we collect personal information
PFS collects personal information in a number of ways, such as when you enter your personal details on our website (e.g. during application for products and services), when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an order form.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
• Provide the services you require
• Administer and manage those services, including, billing and collecting debts
• Gain an understanding of your information in order for us to provide you with better, more personalised services that are tailored to your needs
• Research and develop our services
• Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market to you other services which we consider may be of interest to you. Before we do so, we will provide you with an opportunity to give us permission to send you marketing or promotional material.
PFS provides a range of web-based services, either through PFS or through one of our related companies. Most of these services are provided on the pfs.com.au web site, as well as other affiliated domains.
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on how you use our web sites. Such information may include your name, date of birth, gender, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your username or password.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
Our websites record other information as well. This information is used to improve the structure and performance of those sites to provide users with an improved service. Whenever a page is requested from our web server, we record the time, date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software that is being used.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside PFS. Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections.
The organisations to which we usually disclose information include:
•   Information technology service
• Your representatives (e.g. your authorised representatives or legal advisers)
• Credit providers for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing
• Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
• Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
Ensure we hold accurate information
PFS takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
That’s why we recommend you:
• Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
• Keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address
• If you wish to access or modify personal information, which you have provided via our websites, please contact us on email.
Security of your information
Transmissions sent to or from our websites are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Credit card information is among the most important data we collect. PFS operates secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of such information. Credit card information that is transmitted via our secure servers is encrypted in accordance with the highest standards over the EFTPOS network.